Terms of Business of Sunrise Plumbing and Heating
For the purposes of these Terms of Business (hereinafter, “Terms”), “us” or “we” shall refer to Sunrise Plumbing and Heating, and “you” shall refer to you, our customer. You have requested that we undertake certain works for you and, by allowing us to proceed with those works; you are indicating your agreement to the Terms set out below.
The value of the estimate is what we expect to charge you for the works, based on our initial discussions. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or unexpected issues arising, it may be necessary to review the original price and provide you with a new estimate. You have the right to accept or decline the revised price.
2. Written Quotation
The written quotation follows the estimate and is the final price for the works discussed, including labour and materials, additional costs including expenses (if any) and tax. Any subsequent variation to the works (including, without limitation, if you change the scope or if unforeseen circumstances or unexpected issues arise) will likely result in a new or revised written quotation. You have the right to accept or decline the new quotation. Should you choose to decline, all works will cease, and, on receipt of our invoice, you must pay in full for all works already completed in accordance with the original quotation.
We no longer offer itemised / breakdown of estimates, if this is required it can be requested a fee of £75 is payable to cover the time taken itemising materials and costs.
3. Client Obligations
- if you and we agree that you will be responsible for providing the measurements for some or all of the materials and/or products needed for the works, you alone will bear the cost of replacing the said materials and/or products in the event the measurements are incorrect;
- if you and we agree that you will be responsible for providing some or all of the materials and/or products needed for the works, you alone will bear the cost of replacement in the event the said materials and/or products turn out to be faulty and/or unsuitable;
- you will inform us, prior to the works commencing, of any hazards or potential hazards known or suspected in or around the premises where the works are due to be carried out;
- you will grant us access to the premises where the works are to be carried out and will ensure that all necessary consents, permissions and licences, if any, have been obtained in advance of the works commencing;
- you will ensure the safe and secure storage of any materials and/or equipment left (with your permission) at the premises during the works, and will be accountable to us for any loss of or damage to such materials and/or equipment;
- without prejudice to 4(i) and 4(iii) below, you will (unless included as part of the quotation) be responsible for any necessary improvements to and/or redecorating of the premises following the completion of the works.
4. Supplier Obligations
- we will undertake the works with all due care, skill and diligence, will complete the works within a reasonable timeframe, and will ensure that we comply at all times with all applicable laws and regulations;
- we will supply materials and/or products needed for the works (if any) that are of high quality and, without prejudice to 3(i) above, will take full responsibility for replacing any materials and/or products that prove to be faulty or substandard;
- we will take good care of your property, furnishings and wall coverings and, on completion of the works, will remove any resulting waste material;
- we will supply one or more, as necessary, of our dedicated team to undertake the works for you. Unless agreed otherwise, the person(s) supplied will be at our discretion and may or may not be the same as the person(s) who provided you with the original estimate and/or quote;
- we confirm that we hold, and will continue to hold, a valid and current Public Liability Insurance Policy and, where relevant, Employers Liability Insurance Policy.
5. Materials and Products
For the avoidance of doubt, all materials and/or products supplied and delivered to you during the course of the works shall remain the property of Sunrise Plumbing and Heating until such time as the works have been paid for in full by you, following receipt of our invoice. Title to such materials and/or products will transfer to you only when full payment has been received by us.
Whilst goods remain our property, we have the absolute authority to:
- Retake, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all or any part of these goods.
- Seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods.#
- The risk in such goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure them at replacement value, and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly insured. Where the customer has supplied their own materials it is your responsibility to check all items are on site and not damaged, any delay resulting engineers not been able to undertake the work will be charged at £250 per day.
- Where items not supplied by us are damaged it is your responsibility to resolve this additional work removing faulty items will be chargeable.
- Where items must be retuned, we reserve the right to rearrange the job at our convenience and any work done will be invoiced.
- We are not responsible for items that are not supplied by us and any call outs resulting in faulty materials not supplied by us will be chargeable.
6. Force Majeure
Neither party shall be held liable for any delay or failure in fulfilling their obligations under these Terms where such delay or failure results from circumstances beyond that party’s control (including, but not limited to, an act of God, fire, act of government or state, prevention from or hindrance in obtaining any raw materials, energy or other supplies, industrial action or labour disputes of whatever nature, and any other reason beyond the control of that party).
Full payment terms (including, where relevant, interval payments to be made by you) are as set out in the applicable quotation. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree to settle any undisputed invoice in full on completion of receipt and you further agree to pay us interest at a rate of 3% over Bank of England base rate which will be charged on overdue payments and the right of reasonable compensation for any debt recovery costs incurred as a result of late payments not settled in accordance with these Terms and the terms of the applicable quotation.
- The business always endeavours to provide the best service for every customer. However, on rare occasions, there may be times where a customer may not be completely satisfied.
- To ensure the business is able to put things right as soon as possible, please read our complaints procedure below.The business will then be able to respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
- As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out based on the contract terms and the high standards the business aims to achieve.
- On receipt of your complaint the business aims to respond within 5 days.
- The business will arrange a convenient date to come and view and/or remedy the situation within 28 days.
- The business has access to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service for our domestic installation, service, repair and maintenance contracts as part of the Which? Trusted Traders Endorsement. If you choose to you can refer your complaint to Which? Trusted Traders’ Alternative Dispute Resolution. You will need to contact Which? Trusted Traders on 02922670040 who can explain if you are eligible to use their Alternative Dispute Resolution.
9. Acceptance of work and instruction to commence
By accepting the quote you are happy to proceed with the work and understand that during system upgrades older parts valves may fail / leak due to issues such as the increase in pressure / draining down or flushing of the system whilst every effort will be taken to avoid such instances we cannot guarantee this. We are not responsible for any existing parts failing or pipework leaking on the system that we have not changed or altered . When we replace an old boiler that’s not working and we are unable to test or there is an intermittent fault if the issue continues once the new replacement boiler is installed we can not be held responsible and you are responsible for additional costs in resolving the issue. Where new materials are fitted such as boilers etc there may be cosmetic damage to walls and decor and may require repainting/tiling/plastering to make good we are not responsible for the making good. Estimate is subject to nonvisible pipework, electrics and parts being of a satisfactory condition. Any unforeseen work will be quoted for at the time. We no longer take away debris.